Shurlaw lawyers represent and serve as counsel to insurers in mediations, arbitrations, trials, and appeals in the full range of coverage disputes nationally and internationally. Our experience includes coverage issues arising out of losses relating to insurance products and other professional liability claims of various types. We have extensive experience in advising and assisting insurers on a wide range of corporate, regulatory, and other commercial and transaction activities, including;
- Corporate solvency and liquidation
- Corporate governance
- Claims review and analysis
- Creation of domestic and offshore captives and third-party risk sharing entities
- Mergers and acquisitions involving issues ranging from due diligence to tax implications
- Purchasing assets of insolvent insurance companies
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk transfer
- Drafting insurance policies, endorsements, and exclusions.
Our in-depth technical knowledge and experience enables us to provide services to the Insurance or Reinsurance companies without compromising our relationship with our policyholders.